Welcome to the Next: NBA2K20 Now Available Worldwide
NBA2K20 release date, cost and new features, A Guide to Everything you need to know.
Are you ready for Next?
The next in music. The next in fashion. The next in basketball culture. With next-level graphics and gameplay, groundbreaking game modes, and unparalleled player control and customization, NBA 2K20 continues to redefine what’s possible in sports gaming.
Celebrate #2KDay with the NBA 2K20 Standard Edition, Digital Deluxe, or Legend Edition.
“Each year, the team at Visual Concepts aims to push the boundaries of what’s possible with basketball video games,” said Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts. “With NBA 2K20, we’re reaching new heights in all aspects of the game and can’t wait to play alongside our community of basketball fans and gamers.”
NBA 2K20 features many new additions and improvements, greatly expanding upon the foundations established after more than two decades of development. These include:
- As Real as it Gets -NBA 2K20 pushes the boundaries of basketball simulation further than ever. Take complete control of your offense with the next evolution of the Pro Stick, execute seamless pick and rolls, and evade the defense with the new dribble size-up system and more.
- When the Lights are Brightest - Executive produced by LeBron James and SpringHill Entertainment, this year’s MyCAREER features topical storylines that hit on current social issues. Live the life of an NBA prospect on a quest for success both on and off the court, with your path to stardom firmly in your hands. The cinematic narrative was directed by up-and-coming visionary Sheldon Candis and features a star-studded cast, including Idris Elba, Rosario Dawson, and NBA all-stars past and present. This is the most visually stunning MyCAREER cinematic experience to date and brings the journey to life in a completely new and immersive way.
- MyPLAYER – Providing more control than ever before, the new MyPLAYER Builder allows you to make decisions on every aspect of your MyPLAYER’s potential, including choosing your own Takeover and the new, much faster MyPLAYER progression system that allows you to modify your badges while you work to reach your full potential.
- WNBA - For the first time, all 12 WNBA teams and players are in the game and ready to run in Play Now and Season modes. Complete with gameplay animations, play styles, and visuals built exclusively for the women’s game.
- United We Play - In collaboration with Steve Stoute and UnitedMasters, this year’s soundtrack features a diverse array of top songs from both well-known and up-and-coming artists from across the globe. As a platform for creativity and discovery, the soundtrack will be dynamically updated with new music post-launch for the first time ever, from the known to the next generation of top artists. Discover the next big thing in music with live in-game concerts and first-listen song streams.
- MyTEAM -NBA 2K20’s fantasy card collector is back with all-new events and prizes. Master MyTEAM with daily goals, card-leveling, limited-time events, and even more prizes. Enjoy a simplified user experience that both veterans and rookies will appreciate, and stay connected to the community with Locker Codes, Leaderboards, Developer Tips, Team of the Week, and more.
- The Next Neighborhood - Experience a more vibrant, active Neighborhood. Access even more 2K Compete Events, unlock animations with the new Show-Off Stick, play around on the 9-hole Disc Golf course, and earn more exclusive gear than ever before.
- Next Level Presentation- Dynamic, broadcast-quality gameplay presentation featuring the deepest roster of talent in sports video game history, led by Kevin Harlan, Ernie Johnson, and many more. It’s an audio experience unlike any other, with over 60,000 new lines of dialogue, all-new studio shows and game intros, MyPLAYER interviews, records and milestone coverage, and over 2,000 arena-specific crowd reactions and sounds.
Featuring Anthony Davis on the cover, the NBA 2K20 Standard Edition and NBA 2K20 Digital Deluxe Edition are available today for $59.99 and $79.99, respectively, on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC platforms. The NBA 2K20 Legend Edition features Dwyane Wade on the cover and includes 100,000 Virtual Currency, MyTEAM cards, digital items for MyPLAYERs and more for $99.99.
NBA2K20 SOUNDTRACK News
2K partners with industry legend Steve Stoute’and is launching their most expansive soundtrack to date with 50 tracks from artists such as Drake, Meek Mill, Billie Eilish, Post Malone, and the late Nipsey Hussle.
All of the songs have been chosen by 2K and additional songs will be dynamically added throughout the year across genres, spanning hip-hop, R&B, electronic, pop, and rock. Fans can experience the soundtrack beginning today on Spotify. This year’s soundtrack will be updated constantly with new exciting music from the next generation rising stars to give you something you never heard before.
If you have ever played NBA2K you know that music is at the core of the NBA2K experience, and each year, the soundtrack reflects basketball culture and inspires 2K players.
This game is definitely going to make our Christmas top ten lists for gamers in your life category for 2019.